Society and Culture
Submit a site
Treaty of Waitangi
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abiator's New Zealand History
- Resource primarily for and by primary school students dealing with New Zealand history. Features a timeline, list of governors-general, prime ministers and biographies of famous kiwis. Submissions accepted.
Ancient and Modern History
- Links to New Zealand history from the arrival of the Maori, Captain Cook, the Treaty of Waitangi, Gallipoli, the Rainbow Warrior, recent economic reforms.
Brief History of the New Zealand Police
- The New Zealand Police Force organisation established in 1886 was moulded to the British pattern, the chief difference being that the New Zealand organization is a national one controlled from a central headquarters.
History of Arrowtown
- History and growth of Arrowtown, its people, pictures of Arrowtown, history of goldmining in the area.
Instructions to Captain Hobson
- Extract from "Instructions from the Secretary of State for War and Colonies, Lord Normanby, to Captain Hobson, recently appointed H.M. Consul at New Zealand, concerning his duty as Lieutenant Governor of New Zealand as a part of the Colony of New South Wales, dated 14 August 1839."
My New Zealand
- History and discovery of New Zealand, the Maori - their history and culture, protected wildlife and the country today.
- A national resource for anyone interested in New Zealand history. Co-ordinated by a small team at the Heritage Group of the Department of Internal Affairs.
National Archives of New Zealand
New Zealand Backgrounder - History
- Brief history from the Embassy.
New Zealand Historical Association
- Aim of the Association is to promote historical study, teaching and research. Members come from a range of backgrounds: students and staff in university History departments; history teachers in secondary schools; historians working independently and in government agencies, including Treaty settlement organisations; archivists and librarians; historians in local history societies.
New Zealand History
- Original articles and links to a number of topics on New Zealand history.
New Zealand in the New Millennium
- Information on geographic features, historical disasters and famous New Zealanders.
Technological Innovation in New Zealand
- The site tells stories about the technologies important to the New Zealand economy in the 20th Century. Most of these technologies were identified by the end of the First World War.
The New Zealand Ireland Connection
- This site has been established to highlight the historical and contemporary connections between New Zealand and Ireland. Additionally, a list of Irish emigrants who sailed to New Zealand is being created to assist those researching their Irish heritage.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor