Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An Historic View of Fremantle
- From the State Library of Victoria's collection.
Australian Railway Historical Society W.A. Division
- This society operates the Rail Transport Museum at Bassendean,Western Australia and promotes the preservation of the railway heritage of Western Australia
Berndt Museum of Anthropology
- Australian ethnographic museum specializing in the material culture of Aboriginal Australians.
British Imperial Convicts
- Transportation to Western Australia from 1850 to 1868. Includes a ship & convict list.
C Y O' Connor Museum
Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
Centenary of Federation
- Information about the upcoming Centenary Celebrations. Includes an time-line of the State's history.
Dentist On A Camel
- H.V.Mattingley & his life on the Western Australian goldfields from 1898.
Directory of Archives WA
- The directory aims to identify the location of as many archival collections as possible. It includes information such as repository name, street and postal address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, WWW URL, and details of the hours and facilities, access conditions, acquisition focus, quantity of records and major holdings.
- Described by the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London as the world's best replica of an 18th century ship. Built in Fremantle.
Fremantle Ghost Walks
- Ghost Tours and interesting links to pages related to this subject.
Heritage Council of Western Australia
- Site contains helpful listings and general information about the Heritage Council and its work.
History of Feral Pigs
- Pigs arrived in Australia with the First Fleet in 1788 - this article is about how and when they arrived in WA.
History of Foxes
- Essay on how foxes found their way from the State of Victoria to Western Australia.
Lighthouses of Western Australia
- Essay on the rabbit invasion of Western Australia.
Shipwrecks - Historical
- Information and maps on Shipwrecks from Perth to Mandurah.
The Constitution of Western Australia
- Read it online, plus information on its history.
The Tractor Museum of Western Australia.
- Located in Whiteman Park, Caversham and has an excellent display of vintage tractors, agricultural machinery, stationary engines, farming equipment and everyday items of life on the farm.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor