Submit a site
Micronesia, Federated States of
Native and Tribal Art
Papua New Guinea
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Human Colonisation and Extinction at the Margins of Polynesia
- Most islands of Polynesia were settled by A. D. 1000, and inter-island voyaging was a vital link sustaining small populations on isolated landfalls. More than a dozen ecologically-marginal islands found throughout the eastern Pacific have records of prehistoric settlement, but were abandoned by the time of European contact.
Learn about Hawaiian Lei
- Information on the Hawaiian tropical flower lei, original seed lei and modern contemporary lei. History, and lessons on how-to make a variety of lei.
Lee Kagan's Kava Page
- In the Pacific today, although some Islanders have abandoned its use, its traditional functions are being maintained and it is being developed into an important cash crop.
Long Distance Interaction
- Documenting the scale, frequency and temporal duration of interaction is fundamental to understanding the evolution and transformation of prehistoric societies, and recent geochemical analyses of stone tools in Polynesia are challenging long-held beliefs that once settled, island cultures evolved in relative isolation.
Mundo Etnico Foundation
- Dutch non profit organization promotes dance cultures from the South Pacific islands, including Samoa, Hawaii, Cook Islands, Rapanui, Tonga, Tuvalu, New Zealand, Fiji.
Na Keiki Polynesia: The Spirit of the South
- The spirit and art of Polynesian dance.
Oceanic Arts and Books
- A gallery of tribal art and artifacts from the South Pacific. Including a library of over 1000 related rare and out of print books.
Pacific Islands Association of Libraries and Archives
- A professional association based in Guam with information on conferences and proceedings, newsletter, and membership information.
Polynesian Voyaging Society
- Learn how Polynesians explored and settled the Pacific long before Europeans even discovered it. See two ancient canoe replicas, the Hokule'a and Hawai'iloa sailing to retrace migration routes and to preserve ancestral skills.
Tahiti Link to the Art and Artists of Polynesia
- An exposition of the Art and Artists in Polynesia, including photography, dance, sculpture, painting and creativity of all kinds
Traditional Navigation in the Western Pacific
- University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
Tribal Arts Directory
- Directory of tribal art related sites.
- This site's purpose is to become an extensive resource for research on the Internet concerning the people and cultures of the Pacific, beginning with the host culture of the Maori of Aotearoa.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor