Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Greater Washington
- Helps citizens work across traditional boundaries to increase economic competitiveness and quality of life in the metropolitan area.
Academy for Educational Development
- Independent, nonprofit organization committed to solving critical social problems in the U.S. and throughout the world through education, social marketing, research, training, policy analysis and innovative program design and management.
American Red Cross, National Capital Chapter
- Humanitarian aid organization with five DC-area offices. Site describes chapter events and publications, and health, disaster, and youth services.
Amnesty International Chapter 536
- Human rights activists in the Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle areas of Washington, DC.
- Community-based organization that supports DC high school youth through culinary arts, mentoring, and business development.
- Christ House is a 34-bed medical facility for homeless men and women. Staff members provide 24-hour nursing care, as well as comprehensive nutritional, pastoral, and social services.
Community Council for the Homeless at Friendship Place
- Enable people in the upper northwest area of the District of Columbia who are, have been, or are at risk of being homeless to rebuild and sustain their lives with the involvement of the community.
- Works with area neighborhoods to increase the percentages of youth getting a higher education and of youth leading positive change in their communities.
Compassion Over Killing
- Organizes public protests, educates consumers, and promotes nonviolence toward all sentient beings.
Conquest Offender Reintegration Ministries
- Organization dedicated to helping ex-offenders avoid repeated criminal offenses by providing support services needed to help them reintegrate into society.
- Finances safe, affordable, and dignified housing for people recovering from mental illness in the District of Columbia. Site lists recent projects, application process, sponsors, and contact information.
D.C. Employment Justice Center
- Advocates for low-wage workers in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, providing online information including the D.C. Workers' Rights Manual and links on subjects including employment law, job training, and welfare to work.
DC Area Aupairs and Friends
- A social and networking organization for au pairs in the Washington area.
DC Central Kitchen
- Community kitchen engaged in food recycling and meal distribution programs.
DC Perl Mongers
- Works to advocate the Perl computer language through discussions every month, workshops, and other activities.
Davis Memorial Goodwill Industries
- Services include thrift stores, job training programs, contract services with government and industry, and unique special events.
- A professional and social organization for systems administrators living or working in the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
Eating Addictions Anonymous
- A 12 step fellowship of people recovering from all forms of eating and body image addiction.
Equal Justice Network
- Online meeting place, information source, and connection mechanism for lawyers and other advocates involved in efforts to provide civil legal assistance to low-income people.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor