Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
42 USC Chapter 21 - Civil Rights
- A hypertext version of the U.S. Civil Rights Code from the Legal Information Institute.
American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee
- Committed to defending the rights of Americans of Arab descent and preserving their rich cultural heritage in the U.S.
American Civil Liberties Union
- Litigates, lobbies, and educates the public regarding on a broad array of issues affecting individual freedom in the United States.
Amnesty International - Dornbirn, Austria
- Western Austrian branch of the human rights organisation Amnesty International with special topic on the Death Penalty (Capital Punishment) in the USA.
Amnesty International USA Group 133
- Boston Area activists, currently focusing on Tibet, China, the Death Penalty, Human Rights in the USA, the North Andean Region, and Refugees and Asylum Seekers.
Center for Trade with Vietnam
- Advocates for normalization of trade relations between the USA and Vietnam on the premise that advances in human rights follows economic advances and liberalization.
Children In The Custody of The INS
- Argues that the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has a conflict of interest when it acts as both jailer and caretaker of children.
Civil Liberties Monitoring Project
- Monitoring civil rights abuses by law enforcement and other government agencies focusing on civil rights issues in the California North Coast.
- Resource for current news, events, reports and organizations. Also includes information on hate crimes and affirmative action.
- This 23-year-old college student received three life sentences in a drug conspiracy trial based on the testimony of informants and no other evidence.
Death Penalty Focus of California
- A California non-profit organization dedicated to the abolition of the death penalty.
Human Rights Watch World Report 2000
- Report on the United States' official position.
International Concerned Friends and Family of Mumia Abu-Jamal
- Mumia Abu-Jamal faces the death penalty and his last appeal has been denied. He could be executed as early as May 1999.
James Bigby's Homepage
- James Bigby has been on death row in Texas since 1991. Site contains Llegal material and artwork .
Know Your Civil Rights
- Fact Sheet - Know Your Civil Rights from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Increasing numbers of immigrants are being incarcerated as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) attempts to fulfill the provisions of the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and immigrant Responsibility Act.
- A list of sites dedicated to liberty, rights, and freedom issues. Includes the "Fight the Fingerprint", against identifying technologies.
Nowhere to Hide
- Retaliation against women prisoners who protest sexual abuse includes a range of further abuse including rape.
People For the American Way
- issues include religious liberty, freedom of expression, and equal rights
Police Brutality in the U.S.
- Although variable throughout the U.S., reported human rights violations knows no bounds as far as urban / rural, rich / poor areas. Human Rights Org's details on major U.S. cities.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor