Society and Culture
Submit a site
Daughters of the American Revolution
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
America's First Familes
- Online Genealogy Society Dedicated to honor our 1600s American Colonial Ancestors.
Association of Personal Historians
- Help people preserve their memories and personal history by advancing the efforts of personal historians (to help others record their life stories) and encouraging personal history activities of all kinds (such as writing groups or memoir readings, etc.).
Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- Professional Association for all genealogists supporting high standards in the field of genealogy, with over 1,000 members worldwide.
Aztec Club of 1847
- The Aztec Club of 1847, Military Society of the Mexican War, was founded by American officers during the Mexican War. Its 160 original members represent most of the major figures of the Mexican War and a significant portion of those whose fame would come in America's War of Southern Independence, the Civil War. Web site is a major reference on the Mexican War, with historical journals, biographies, photographs, contemporary artwork, battle statistics and maps, chronologies. Over 100 biographies of War of Southern Independence generals, from both Union and Confederacy.
- For descendants of individuals who has been ostracised from the family, or society for acts that are not acceptable in polite society.
Bukovina Society of the Americas
- Organization which promotes a respect for and recognition of the history and accomplishments of the immigrants from Bukovina.
Dames of the Loyal Legion(DOLLUS )
- National organization for female decendants of Union Officers who helped save the Union in 1861 - 1865.
Daughters of American Colonist
- For women whose lineal descendant is from an ancestor who rendered civil or military service in any of the colonies prior to July 4, 1776.
Federation of Family History Societies
- Aims to co-ordinate and assist the work of societies or other bodies interested in Family History, Genealogy and Heraldry.
Federation of Genealogical Societies
- Founded in 1976, the society has three major purposes: serving the needs of its member societies, providing products and services needed by member societies, and marshaling the resources of its member organizations. These purposes are accomplished through an annual conference, a periodical called the FGS Forum, numerous publications, and FGS sponsored projects.
National Archives and Records Administration
- This is a US based site with information pertaining to USA but has links elsewhere. NARA's Mission is described below. to ensure ready access to essential evidence . that documents the rights of American citizens, the actions of federal officials, and the national experience . . .
National Genealogical Society
- A service organization that leads and educates the national genealogical community and assist members in tracing family histories.
National Society Sons and Daughters of the Pilgrims Homepage
- National lineage society composed of members who can prove descent from an ancestor who immigrated to North America before 1700.
National Society Children of the American Revolution (N.S.C.A.R.)
- News and information on society.
Order of Descendants of Ancient Planters
- The term "Ancient Planter" is applied to those persons who arrived in Virginia before 1616, remained for a period of three years, paid their passage, and survived the massacre of 1622. They received the first patents of land in the new world as authorized by Sir Thomas Dale in 1618 for their personal adventure.
RAND Genealogy Club
- Forum for RAND employees to discuss genealogy.
- Dedicated to the preservation and protection of endangered American cemeteries.
Society Hill: A Directory of Genealogy and History Societies
- The Internet Directory of Historical and Genealogical Society Addresses and Links covering Australia, Canada and the United States.
Society of Brushmakers
- Brushmaking, brushmakers, broom makers and the history of the brush and broom making trade. A Society for those with a brushmaker in their ancestry, or people interested in this ancient trade.
Society of Mayflower Descendants
- Membership instructions, history and library information.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor