Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
African American Cemeteries Online
- A database of Black cemeteries.
African American Genealogy
- African American genealogy links and information on the following surnames: Kizer/Kaiser, Ferguson, Posey/Posley, and Gelham.
African Atlantic Genealogy Society
- The organization is comprised of Americans whose ancestors have had an African or an Atlantic-crossing experience.
African-American Census Schedules
- African American census records by state and by enumeration year. Featuring the colored population schedules of the 1866 Alabama state census.
African-American Genealogy Ring
- The only web ring designed for the African-American genealogist. Monthly featured sites, awards. All genealogists of African descent with web pages of the same are encouraged to join. It is the intention of the AAGR to connect all African-American genealogists and aid each in the tracing of their roots.
African-American Historical and Genealogical Resources.
- Find information and links to African-American sites on the world wide web.
Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society
- Dedicated to the encouragement of scholarly studies in both academic, local, and family history of all ethnic groups with particular focus on African Americans.
American-French Genealogical Society
- American-French Genealogical Society is a non-profit genealogical and historical organization devoted to people of French-Canadian extraction. Its purpose is to study and preserve the rich French-Canadian heritage by assisting members in discovering their ancestors and the daily events that shaped their lives.
Ancestry.com: African American Research
- Tips and resources on how to research African American ancestry.
Ancestry.com: The Transition from Slavery to Freedom
- Article by David Thackery on African-American genalogical research.
Cyndi's List - African-American
- Links to archives, families, libraries, mailing lists, museums, records, researchers, societies and general resource sites.
Family Tree Maker: African-American Research
- A listing of websites and contact information for genealogical research.
Free African Americans of Va., N.C., S.C., Md., & Delaware
- Family history of 500 families who were free in Va., N.C., S.C., Md. and De. during the colonial period.
Freedmens Bureau Online
- Online transcriptions of the records of the Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen and Abandoned Lands (Freedmens Bureau).
- Listing of online Hispanic genealogy resources.
Hispanic Genealogy Center
- The Hispanic Genealogical Society of New York is a non-profit organization, dedicated to bringing genealogy to Hispanic Americans. Site includes message boards, articles, and research information.
Hispanic Genealogy Reference Center
- Provides surname origins, family histories, website search, publications, provided by The Hispanic Genealogical Society of New York.
Mel's Genealogy World: Tracing Your African-American Roots
- Melvin Collier shares his experience researching his African-American family history with helpful tips on for new researchers.
National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations Inc.
- Over 5 million family members, it is the largest organization of its kind in the United States. NECO serves as an umbrella group for 75 organizations that span the spectrum of ethnic heritages, cultures and religions.
Sankofa's African Slave Genealogy
- This site has plantation and slave trade databases and links to other sites for those researching slavery or ancestors who were slaves.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor