Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A. J. Fletcher Foundation
- Supports a broad range of nonprofit organizations towards enriching the lives of people in North Carolina.
Association for the Benefit of Child Development
- Non-profit agency provides parent education programs. Site includes program descriptions, calendar of events, and volunteer opportunities. Based in Winston-Salem.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Carolina
- Includes mission statement, contact information, answers to frequently asked questions, and a list of upcoming events.
Boy Scout Troop 28 - Raleigh, NC
- Current roster, schedule, photo gallery, guestbook, and more.
CHERUBS: International Children's Charity
- Support group for families and medical professionals of patients born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.
Carolinas HealthCare Foundation
- Seeks to advance health-related issues, programs, and services that ensure a better quality of life for the people of the Carolinas.
- North Carolina network of assistive technology equipment loan programs for people with disabilities, their families, and their service providers. Search for equipment online.
Exceptional Children's Assistance Center
- Non-profit which provides information and resources to the families of children with disabilities in North Carolina.
Handel On Hunger
- Anti-hunger musical organization based in Pinehurst, North Carolina.
High Point Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Non-profit that matches adult mentors with at-risk youth. Learn about volunteering, read program FAQs, see upcoming events, and contact the staff.
International Table at UNC-Chapel Hill
- International students from UNC meet once a week at this Stammtisch, having beer and hanging around. Also offers tips for new international students in Chapel Hill.
Junior Achievement of Northwest North Carolina
- Educates and inspires young people to value free enterprise, business and economics in order to improve the quality of their lives. Classes taught by volunteers.
Kathleen Price Bryan Foundation
- Provides grants to North Carolina non-profits which address development of public interest; societal issues; and human, economic, natural and cultural resources.
MANNA Food Bank
- Provides food to more than 300 member agencies throughout Western North Carolina who serve 5,100 meals each day year round.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Eastern North Carolina
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Eastern North Carolina is a non-profit volunteer organization whose sole purpose is to grant the favorite wishes of children under 18 who have terminal illnesses or life-threatening conditions.
- A community based non-profit organization geared toward providing vital services to the elderly, disadvantaged and general public in Western North Carolina.
North Carolina ARRL Section
- Description of the amateur radio hobby and activities of amateurs in North Carolina as part of the American Radio Relay League activities. General and contact information.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- Information on biotechnology business, research and education in North Carolina, sponsored by the North Carolina Biotechnology Center.
North Carolina Nonprofit Guide
- A complete guide to all North Carolina nonprofits. Nonprofits are listed by zip code and county. Note: site is resource intensive.
North Carolina Smart Growth Alliance
- Statewide coalition of over 250 private, public and nonprofit organizations and leaders working to promote a smarter pattern of development in NC. Site includes info, links, model policies, tools, and opportunities for citizen involvement.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor