Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Rio Grande Valley Library System
- Special collections of the library of interest to anyone doing historical research listed, including the Genealogy Collection, the DAR Lineage Books, and others, for use in the library.
- Sacred mountains of the Dine' (Navajo).
- At an easy reading level, discusses motives of early Spanish explorers such as searching for wealth for Spain and spreading Christianity.
Special Collections and Archives
- Image database with many historic photos of New Mexico.
Survey of Columbus, New Mexico
- Survey by New Mexico State University of the historic buildings of Columbus for the National Park Service. Photographs and history.
- The Portal Program of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe is also known as "The Porch". This is the most visited museum of New Mexico public programs. Includes the history of the Palace from 1610.
Timeline of New Mexico History
- Includes events from 25000BC to 1998, again from the Blue Book.
Touring the Baca
- About the Baca Ranch and the Valle Grande including its history and current plans for purchase and protection of the area by the federal government.
Trip in New Mexico
- Report of a trip in 1991. Tucumcari, Route 66, Santa Rosa, Pecos National Monument, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, other places. Includes historical information and photos.
Victorio Peak Project Website
- About search for gold on White Sands Missile Range, with history of Doc and Ova Noss and their legendary treasure.
Victorio Peak Stories
- Details of the search for lost and buried treasure from 1990 to August 1992 on Victorio Peak. With historical background information, in 8 parts.
- Source for birth, marriage and death records which may be ordered by telephone.
Volcanoes in the North and Central America Region
- Includes information about 10 volcanoes in New Mexico, with photos and aerial images, history of each volcano, history of the area. Also offers "Ask a Volcanologist" one could use if researching volcanic sites.
WPA Life Histories from New Mexico
- First-person accounts of life in New Mexico collected during the Great Depression and stored at the Library of Congress. Includes Pioneer Stories, oral histories.
- List of publications mostly of the U.S. Geological Survey dealing with water resources (wells, reservoirs, streams, etc.) in New Mexico published from 1975 to 1993. Historical data.
Wells Fargo in New Mexico
- Includes information about history museums and a photo and art gallery.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor