Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Information on specific records available for genealogical and historical research.
Daily Newspaper Directory for Massachusetts
- A directory of daily Massachusetts newspapers from the 18th century to the present.
Family History Resources at the Massachusetts State Archives
- Records date from the beginning of the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1628, and document the settlement of lands in both Maine and Massachusetts. Microfilmed vital records for all towns from 1841 - 1905.
Genealogy Resources at Boston Public Library
- Guide to extensive genealogical holdings.
Massachusetts GenWeb Project
- A focus upon the genealogy and the history of the people and places of the state of Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Genealogical Research Services
- Extensive resources of vital records, birth, marriage, divorce, death, certificates, probate, naturalizations, census, newspapers, land and property, city directories, cemetery research and photography.
Massachusetts Genealogy : Marriages 1841-1850
- A 2% sample of data collected from microfilmed registration books of marriages for Massachusetts cities and towns. This is not a complete list of all marriages in all towns.
Massachusetts Genealogy Books, CDs and Maps
- Online shopping for books relating to genealogical research, from BigBooks.com.
Massachusetts Local History
- Resources for genealogical searches, finding a town's county location and discovering historical information by county.
Massachusetts Vital Records
- Online order forms to request Massachusetts vital records from 1906 to the present, including birth, marriage, divorce and death certificates.
National Archives Northeast Region
- Extensive microfilm holdings, including federal population censuses, military service records, ship passenger arrival records, Canadian border entry records, World War I draft registration cards and naturalization records.
Passenger Arrival Records at the Port of Boston, Massachusetts
- Tips and resources for locating Boston passenger lists, 1820-1943.
State Library of Massachusetts - Special Collections
- Books, maps, atlases, manuscripts, city directories, voting lists, photographs, architectural plans, newspapers and periodical collections.
- Genealogy websites in various categories.
Vital Records Information for Massachusetts
- Information about where to obtain copies of vital records (birth or death certificate, marriage license, divorce decree) in Massachusetts, including addresses for vital records offices (county clerks, registrars) in every county.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor