Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AIDS Pastoral Care Network
- Interfaith, non-profit group that supports the spiritual health and growth of individuals and communities affected by HIV/AIDS through pastoral care, outreach education, training, and the promotion of social justice.
Angel Guardian Orphanage
- Archive and Alumni gathering organization on the internet for anyone who lived or worked at Angel Guardian Orphanage in Chicago
Anixter Center - Disability Services in Chicago
- Provider of quality vocational, residential and educational options, substance abuse prevention and treatment, and health care.
Association of Horizon, Inc.
- A non-profit, volunteer organization that provides opportunities for persons with and without disabilities to socialize, interact and learn from one and other. Organization overview, program and event information, volunteer opportunities, and newsletter.
Big Shoulders Fund
- Charity which creates opportunities for inner-city children in Chicago, Illinois to attend Catholic schools.
Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Making cities work.
Center for Religion and Psycotherapy of Chicago
- A not-for-profit organization offering individual, couples, and group psychotherapy, as well as education and consultation services. These clinical services engage the psychological, spiritual, and religious dimensions of the human journey.
Chicago Area Music Teachers Association
- Local Chicago Chapter of Music Teachers National Association. Open to Chicago area piano teachers and other musical instrument instructors. Referral directory, membership information and schedule of activities online.
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE)
- Provides historical information on CAPE, highlighting its dedication to partnerships between arts organizations, schools and community groups. It also features curriculum examples from the CAPE partnerships.
Chicago Teachers' Union
- Local One of the American Federation of Teachers representing teachers in the Chicago public school system.
Chicago Vegetarian Society
- Calendar of local events, society newsletters, links and recipes of interest to vegetarians.
Chicago Youth Centers
- CYC was founded to serve kids in Chicago's toughest neighborhoods, a mission that continues today. CYC has many types of academic, athletic and counseling programs for children.
Community Media Workshop
- Helps Chicago-area community and civic groups get news and feature stories about their work in the news media.
- Wheaton non-profit organization provides computer training to persons with physical and visual disabilities.
- Chicago Kent College of Law, IIT, and the MacArthur Foundation sponsor this collaborative project designed to enhance awareness of Chicago as a global city.
Greater Chicago Chapter of AAMT
- An organization for furthering education for medical transcriptionists in the Chicago area.
Greater Chicago Food Depository
- One of the largest food banks in the country.
Home Of Life Community Development Corporation
- Reverend Johnny Henderson offers programs to empower inner city residents.
Illinois Gay Rodeo Association
- Promotes the gay country and western lifestyle and aids charities with an annual rodeo and other events.
Interfaith Council for the Homeless
- ICH provides direct services, education and advocacy for Chicago Illinois' homeless with funding and volunteers from the religious community.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor