Society and Culture
Submit a site
War Between the States
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Butts County Historical Society
- Site gives history of Chief William McIntosh and Indian Spring Hotel in Indian Springs, Ga.
Captain George Barber of Georgia
- Provides biographical and historical information, as well as quotes from correspondence.
Cherokee Trail of Tears
- Accounts of the Cherokee - Article - Grandpa was an Indian Chief - St. Louis Post Dispatch, January 18, 1970 - by Mrs. Elizabeth Mulligan.
Chief Vann House Historic Site
- This two story brick mansion is one of the best preserved 19th century Cherokee Indian Homes. An official site of the Trail of Tears National Tour Trail.
Georgia Department of Archives and History
- Research affiliation: Research Library Group.
Georgia Flag Facts
- Presents history of current flag, its adoption, and criticisms of what the flag represents.
- Includes vast range of historic topics from prehistoric Indians, Spanish Georgia, French Georgia, an English colony, the American Revolution to the War of Southern Independence and Reconstruction to Georgia in the 20th Century.
Georgia Production History
- Searchable database of cotton production, by county, from 1970 to present.
Georgia vs. No. Carolina -The Walton War
- Although today rarely mentioned, this war consisted of two major battles involving hundreds of men.
Historic Covered Bridges of Georgia
- Photos, maps and information about Georgia's 12 remaining covered bridges from the Georgia Department of Transportation Bridge Design Office.
History of Colonial Georgia
- The history of Colonial Georgia and its foundation.
History of the Moravians in Georgia
- Detailed history of early settlement of Savannah and surrounding area by the Moravians.
North Georgia History
- Links and resources from NGeorgia.Com about the area, from Hernando deSoto to James Oglethorpe, through the War of Southern Independence and Reconstruction, and the present day.
Ocmulgee National Monument
- Ocmulgee is a memorial to the antiquity of man in this corner of the North American continent. From Ice-Age hunters to the Creeks of historic times, there is evidence here of 12,000 years of human habitation.
Save the Georgia State Flag
- Designed to save the Georgia state flag from change by liberals in Atlanta.
Story of Georgia's Capitols and Capital Cities
- By Edwin L. Jackson, Senior Public Service Associate, Carl Vinson Institute of Government, The University of Georgia.
This Day in Georgia History
- Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
- A living history 1850 village.
Wigington Indian Artifacts
- A collection of Indian artifacts mostly found in Jasper, Ga.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor