Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ballot Initiative Status
- From the California Secretary of State. The position of each initiative as it works its way from signature gathering to ballot placement.
CalVoter - Propositions
- Background information on various ballot measures in California, both qualified and circulating, from the California Voter Foundation.
California Ballot Propositions, 1911-Present
- Includes full text of the propositions, accompanying material contained in the voters' pamphlets, related legal and legistlative history, and digital images of the voter's pamphlests; can limit by years, proposition number, keywords, and whether it passed or failed. From Hastings College of Law Library (University of California).
Let the Voters Decide Act of 2000
- An initiative campaign to put two ballot measures: one to cut legislators' pay, and another to allow the courts, not the Legislature, to determine redistricting after each Census. Placement on the November 2000 ballot.
Pete Rates the Propositions
- One individual's opinions on the California ballot propositions. Since 1980.
Yes on Measure O
- An effort to assure that all the money Ventura County receives as part of the National Tobacco Settlement is spent on healthcare for the working poor, the elderly, indigents and other uninsured populations.
Yes on Proposition 37
- Re-affirms the intent of Propositions 13 and 218, which require a two-thirds vote of the Legislature to impose new state taxes and a vote of people before any local tax can be imposed.
Yes on Proposition 39
- Ballot measure imposes new requirements to hold school administrators strictly accountable for the way school bond money is spent.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor