Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
California Business Roundtable
California Catholic Conference
- Official voice of the Catholic community in California's public policy arena, representing the state's bishops on legislation and social issues.
- Legal information aimed at those arrested for driving under the influence, including information about specific laws, sentences, and how to obtain driving records.
California League of Conservation Voters
- CLCV supports environmental candidates and issues, and is best known for its environmental scorecard, in which it rates legislators on the basis of votes for or against particular environmental bills and issues.
California Nations Indian Gaming Association
- Advocacy group for Indian gaming in California.
California State Association of Counties
California Taxpayers' Association
- Watchdog group founded in 1926 to protect taxpayers from unnecessary taxes and to promote efficient, quality government services.
California Voter Foundation
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to applying new technologies to provide the public with access to the information needed to perticipate in public life in a meaningful way.
Campaign for California Families
- Works to protect children, parents, taxpayers, persons of faith and conscience and the sacred institution of marriage and family.
- Promotes prescribed burning in forests and wildlands, based on a video targeted at the San Francisco Bay area.
Capitol Resource Institute
- Conservative public policy institute
Committee on Moral Concerns
- Follows the biblical command to love our neighbor by minimizing human suffering through promotion of social welfare, fighting crime and juvenile delinquency, maintaining and improving both the moral standards and the quality of life in California.
Families to Amend California's Three-Strikes
- Web site of the non-profit organization Families to Amend California's Three-Strikes law so that it is applicable only to violent felonies. Includes background legal information, recent news, and personal stories of those convicted under this law.
Pacific Justice Institute
- Non-profit legal defense organization defending parental rights and religious freedom
- An organization founded by Paul Gann, co-author of Proposition 13, that works to advance change in California politics through the initiative system.
Southern California Association of Governments
- SCAG is the organization that represents the interests of over 15 million Southern Californians (excluding San Diego County), and is the metropolitan planning organization for non-San Diego Southern California.
- An advancing Silicon Valley political network. Although new on the political scene, the high-tech industry as a major employer and soft-money contributor has caused them to fast become a big player in state and national politics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor