Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Community for Personal Growth
- Text based site. CPG is devoted to building communities that empower individuals to grow, develop, and satisfy themselves as much as possible in an environment that feels good, safe, and accepting.
Danish Brotherhood of California
- Site includes local lodge information, genealogy links, interactive calendar, message board.
Developments In Literacy (DIL)
- A Southern California non-profit helps promote literacy in the remote, underdeveloped areas of Pakistan.
Freelance Paranormal Research Society
- Conducts investigation of paranormal activity and attempts to capture phenomena on tape and film. Site contains field reports and contact information.
Friends of Justice
- The case of Steven Dale Bell.
Glide Memorial Church
- Glide, has grown to be one of San Francisco's largest and most comprehensive nonprofit human service providers, offering innovative and nontraditional programs that address gender and culturally sensitive needs to a diverse population.
Golden Gate Chapter - USCGAPA
- This is the homepage for the Golden Gate Chapter of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Parents Association. Our focus is on the Cadets, Cadet Families, USCG Academy, U.S. Coast Guard, USCG Barque Eagle and Association activities.
Grapevine Development Partnership
- Our target focus is housing, commercial and employment-generating projects in challenging neighborhoods and communities that are actively pursuing residential, commercial and/or industrial development.
Hill Canyon Preservation Coalition
- Dedicated to Preserving the Natural Environment of Hill Canyon and Wildwood Park
Independent Order of Odd Fellows and Rebekah of California - IOOF
- Fraternal organization provides information about activities and programs, list of many California lodges with addresses and meeting times, information on how to join.
International Rescue Committee San Francisco Resettlement Office
- IRCSF is a satillate office of the International Rescue Committee that Albert Enstien founded in 1933 to help refugees during world war II. They help refugees resettle in the bay area, and go to school, on the job training. They have many volunteers, to help with everything, but could always use more.
- For people interested in the Korean world, a contemporary guide to Korean life and businesses in California and Korea.
- Nonprofit org. that refers people to paranormal Investigators in their area.
Laguna Art Museum
- Museum of American art with a special focus on the art of California. Located in Laguna Beach.
League of Women Voters of California
- Nonpartisan voter education organization. Contains information on ballot initiatives, voting and registration materials, and links to legislative and local government
Meals on Wheels
- Meals On Wheels is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization established for the purpose of providing nutritious home-delivered meals to homebound persons.
Mid-Peninsula Housing Services Corp
- Human, educational and recreational services provided on-site at affordable housing developments for families, seniors and those with disabilities. Employment opportunities listed.
Movin' Up Moms of Multiples
- MUMMs of San Diego is a support club for mothers of school-age and older multiples; meets monthly in the East County area of San Diego.
New Life Ministries
- Ordering information for seminar tapes, booklets and laminated cards. Our site also includes a free monthly on-line mini study.
Newcomers Club Directory for California
- A California directory of social organizations which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities (i.e. Newcomers Club, Welcome Wagon Club, New Neighbors League)
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor