Submit a site
Earthquakes and Seismicity
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1997 Northern California Floods
- Comprehensive northern California flood-related information and annotated website links, especially for the floods of January 1997.
- PBS program FRONTLINE and The New York Times join forces to investigate the story behind the California energy crisis
- Website about the Salton Sea documentary made in 1998.
Bolsa Chica News
- This site provides news and information on the precendent-setting Bolsa Chica legal decision.
Books by David Carle
- Drowning the Dream, California's Water Choices at the Millennium - an environmental history of the state, focusing on water, population, and environmental change. Mono Lake Viewpoint - essays about an inland sea.
CERES: California Environmental Resources Evaluation System
- CERES is an information system developed by the California Resources Agency to facilitate access to a variety of environmental data.
- Database containing summary geographic and ecological distribution information for over 8000 California vascular plant taxa, as well as additional habitat information for rare species of the Sierra Nevada.
California Energy Crisis
- News and information about the California energy crisis with updates about environmental impacts and energy saving tips.
California Sea Lion (Zalophus californianus)
- Facts, photos and videos of the California Sea Lion.
California Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
- A coalition dedicated to promoting an ecologically sustainable and socially just food system. Describes group news, events and projects, and related headlines.
California Underground: Our Caves and Subterranean Habitats
- Educational materials and photographic tours on the formation and occurrence of different types of caves, cave biology, and cave conservation. From the Oakland Museum of California.
California Wild Heritage Campaign
- Protecting California's last remaining public wilderness and wild rivers
- Look-up photos and descriptions of California wildflowers by color, common name, Latin name or family.
Clean Power Estimator
- Provides California residential electric customers a personalized estimate of the costs and benefits of investing in a photovoltaic (PV) solar or small wind electric generation system.
Enlighten - Energy Update for Travelers
- California Travel and Tourism Commission's public information campaign that features energy and money-saving tips and resources for vacationers and the media.
- Environmental news, stories and information for Californians. Includes excerpts from the writing of Gerald Haslam.
Freeing a Hydroelectric Giant, California Frets About Control
- NY Times analysis of constraints on hydroelectric generation in the state. [Subscription required - free.]
GIS Data for Northern California
- Links to sites with geographic information systems (GIS) data, including many kinds of maps, climate data and GPS data.
GoldenStateImages - Marine Fish of California
- Photography of marine fish species found along the California coast including garibaldi, molas, blue shark, dorado, baracuda, rays and more
Groundwater Resources Association of California
- Nonprofit organization for the protection, preservation, improvement of California ground water against pollution. Site has information about the organization and its activities, job announcements, and related material.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor