San Luis Obispo
Submit a site
County, State and National Parks
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The controversial activist known to San Luis Obispo County as "Elder Bill" and the "granddaddy ecohooligan of them all," with photos, interviews, and Bill Denneen's own writings.
California Native Plant Society - SLO County
- The SLO County chapter of an organization dedicated to the preservation and study of California's indigenous fauna. Includes extensive list of environmental links.
- A description of the threatened California grassland that President Clinton designated as the Carrizo Plain National Monument, with links to relevant sites.
Central Coast Salmon Enhancement, Inc
- CCSE is a non-profit, tax-exempt, volunteer corporation dedicated to the enhancement and restoration of the Central Coast salmon fishery and San Luis Obispo Creek.
Coastal Alliance against Plant Expansion
- A group opposed to Duke Energy's proposed expansion of the Morro Bay Power Plant. Also includes general information about power plant expansion issues.
Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District
- Working conservation district in San Luis Obispo County dedicated to enhancing and maintaining natural resources such as the Morro Bay watershed and Los Osos Creek wetlands reserve.
- The Environmental Center of San Luis Obispo County, an umbrella organization that coordinates conservation efforts on California's Central Coast.
Environmental Defense Center
- A nonprofit, public interest organization that provides legal, educational and advocacy support to advance environmental quality. Primarily serves San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
Friends of the Elephant Seal, Central Coast
- Teaches stewardship for the ocean and educates people about elephant seals at the colony at Piedras Blancas.
- Seeks to protect and enhance the ecological systems of the North Coast of San Luis Obispo County through land acquisition and management, public education and advocacy.
Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County
- Member supported land trust preserving the county's "special places" with public involvement. Activities include habitat restoration, preservation of open space through land acquisition, conservation easements and stewardship.
Morro Bay National Estuary Program
- An EPA-funded program to preserve and study the Morro Bay estuary and its watershed.
Morro Coast Audubon Society
- Based in Morro Bay, this chapter of the Audobon Society concerns itself with birds and other widlife throughout San Luis Obispo County.
Nipomo Native Garden
- A 12-acre area in Nipomo preserved within the county parks system as a botanical garden that will only represent plants that lived on the Nipomo mesa prior to European discovery of California.
Point Sal National Seashore
- Photos and description of a wild confluence of mountain, dune and sea where San Luis Obispo County meets Santa Barbara County.
SLO County Ecological Restoration Projects
- A list of creek and lake restoration projects underway in San Luis Obispo County.
- San Luis Obispo Parks, Open Space and Trails is a non-profit group fighting for the outdoor amenities that make up its name.
San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden
- Devoted to the display and study of the plants and ecosystems of the world's five Mediterranean climate zones.
Santa Margarita Community Forestry
- A volunteer organization promoting and supporting tree planting and care in Santa Margarita.
Save the Mesa
- An organization dedicated to "orderly and sustainable growth" on the Nipomo Mesa in Southern San Luis Obispo County. Includes effort to preserve Blacklake Canyon.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor