Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1950s Boatanchors On Duty
- John Stott's pictures of BC-779, BC-446 and Wilcox 96-C 3KW transmitters and a Collins BC-460 10 channel (remote dial up) 400W transmitter at work in Greenland.
- Describes archeological research into Arctic Cultures, focus has largely been on Canadian Arctic research, but findings relate also to Alaska and Greenland cultures.
Basic facts about Greenland
- Describes geography, geology, language, history and other topics; provided in a comprehensive guide to Greenland, provided by the National Tourist Board.
Bluie West, BW-1
- Brief history and links related to Narsarssuak Air Base, AACS, 1935th Squadron, a joint USA and Denmark effort, whose garrison escorted allied convoys, did U-boat patrol and Air-Sea Rescue.
CMCC - Inuvialuit of the Western Arctic - Early Thule culture
- Biologically, culturally and linguistically the Inuvialuit are Inuit, closely related to all other Inuit people living across the top of the North American continent from Bering Strait to east Greenland.
- An historical essay about Greenland, from The Catholic Encyclopedia.
Greenland: Recent History
- An account of the colonial period which extended from 1721 to constitutional beginnings of Greenland Home Rule in 1953.
History / Greenland
- Descriptions of books dealing with greenland History in all periods and buying information.
History of Medieval Greenland
Project Leif 2000 Greenland
- Lists events, maps, history, settlements as well as World Heritage Site status for 1,000 year anniversary of the Viking discovery of North America.
Society and History in Greenland,
- A general introduction to Greenland's past and present, by Greenland Tourism, the national tourist board.
The DEW LINE
- Information and history about The Distant Early Warning (DEW) Line, a system of radar stations in the high arctic, which had sites in Canada, Alaska and Greenland.
The G2 Expedition
- Describes the longest unsupported polar expedition ever, a ski trek from South to North, along Greenland's long axis. Gives planning details, research, a day-by-day account, documentation and expedition photos.
The History of Greenland - Arctic/Northern Culture
- A illustrated look at the last 1,000 years of the country's history, from your Guide at About.com
The United States and Greenland
- Comprehensive history of the United States military presence in Greenland, with related topics for Iceland and other Arctic locales. Maps, tables, photos, and arctic aviation summaries.
Vikings in Greenland
- Gives an overview of the settlement of Greenland by Scandinavians (Vikings) in the Eleventh Century AD.
Vikings on Greenland
- Presents a brief essay about the history of the Vikings in Greenland, and their explorations further afield, with a map to show their travels.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor