Science and Environment
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bay of Fundy Ecosystem Partnership
- Describes the ecology of the bay and provides strong links to other like-agencies via a Fundy Web Ring.
Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society - Nova Scotia
- The society is about the conservation of wilderness and natural areas. At present it assumes responsibility for the Atlantic region and shows activities, announcements and contacts.
Clean Nova Scotia
- A clean environment via programs such as the Moosehead Maritimes Beach Sweep, Planet Action Club for Kids (PACK), the Great Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up, and the Waste Reduction Centre.
Clearcutting in Nova Scotia
- Describes the adverse effects of forest clearcutting, discusses alternatives, and encourages action to stop the practice. Site sponsored by Ecology Action Centre.
Ecological Monitoring and Assessment Network
- The Atlantic ecological science cooperative maintains monitoring stations in Fundy, Kouchibouguac, Kejimkujik, Malpeque/Bedeque Bay, and St. Andrews parks.
Environment - Chebucto Community Net
- Groups having to do with the environment, links to related resources and Enviro-events, the Chebucto environmental calendar.
- The undertaking of the Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board to protect the environment during all phases of offshore petroleum activities.
Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists
- Ten naturalists clubs form the Federation, whose activities include the conservation of species and spaces, education, and the sustainable use of resources. Provides excellent links on natural history, conservation and nature.
Nova Scotia Nature Trust
- With private landowners, this non-governmental conservation organization works to protect significant natural areas on private land throughout the province.
Nova Scotia Plant Savers
- NSPS' mission is to protect native medicinal plants and their habitat. They encourage land stewardship and sustainable wild harvesting. The site offers current news, membership information and links to like-minded groups.
Solar Nova Scotia
- Promotes renewable energy using passive and active solar, photovoltaics, wind, biomass and geothermal. Site offers a course, publications and upcoming events.
St. Georges Bay Ecosystem Project
- A partnership between marine researchers and fishermen, whose intent is to analyze the marine and human ecology of St Georges Bay. Provides serious research on line under Reports and Data Sets as well as a selection of maps. A deep site.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor