Society and Culture
Submit a site
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Childline - Support for Children
- An organisation that helps support children facing abuse and issues related to life at a very young age such as school, friends, peer pressure, relationships, homework and exam stress.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Acne Support Group
- UK-based charity providing information and support about acne and rosacea. Limited information available online.
Action for ME
- A UK based national membership organisation and registered charity supporting ME sufferers and their carers through research, awareness raising and the provision of self help and support services. The Web site offers lots of information with links to local self help groups in the UK.
Advent group in the UK
- Support group for priests and religious people who have left the official ministry of the Catholic Church or religious life. Members meet to share experiences and to offer mutual support.
Apex Charitable Trust
- Support, information and advice for ex-offenders seeking work and employers wishing to recruit and retain ex-offenders. Includes guides to the laws on disclosure and details of their nationwide advice service.
Ashiana - Asian Womens Refuge
- Sheffield based Organisation offering support and safe accommodation to Asian women and children fleeing violence and abuse in the home. Also provides help and support for those experiencing domestic violence outside the refuge. The service is run by Asian women.
- ChildLine is the UK's free, 24-hour helpline for children and young people in trouble or danger.
FOLKS - Friends of Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
- Landau Kleffner Syndrome is a form of childhood epilepsy which results in a severe language disorder. FOLKS is a UK-based charity to help parents and carers.
FindSupport National Directory
- A directory of self-help and support groups in the UK. Browse by categories or search for the group nearest you. Also hosts discussion forums on a variety of topics.
- Helpline, Counselling and information for anyone affected by gambling.
Gamblers Anonymous UK
- Fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help others do the same. Includes details of regional helpline numbers.
- Designed to guide through life's many changes, from childhood to maturity with helpful tips and straightforward information.
- A site to help bereaved family and friends share and express their feelings for the loss of a loved one
Milton Keynes Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Family Support Group
- The Milton Keynes AD/HD Family Support Group (a Registered Charity) welcomes enquires and contacts from all over the world. Runs a helpline and also face to face support groups in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas. The website offers information, support, chats and forums and newsletters.
National Coalition of Anti-Deportation Campaigns (UK)
- Bringing together families and individuals fighting deportation in the UK.
National Missing Persons Helpline
- Help for the relatives of the missing, and information on people we're looking for.
Offshore Women's Link Support (Owls)
- A free support and befriending organisation for the families of those working in the UK Offshore Oil and Gas industry and world wide with a 24-hour helpline.
- Online problem pages magazine.
Recovery from Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- This is a UK information and advice centre concerning drug and alcohol abuse. It's intended to help those with a drug or alcohol problem - and their family or friends.
- An online course in web production set up by the UNHCR in the UK. Its aim is to help refugee individuals and organisations communicate.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor