Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
People for Action
- National UK network of housing organisations, committed to ideas and actions that put influence and power into the hands of local people.
Plan International UK
- Sponsoring children worldwide. Full details of their work, and of how you can help.
- Helps 14-30 year olds improve their skillsand gain confidence.
Reach for the Sky
- Sky 2000 aims to inspire teenagers to discover their talents with their career information site.
Resources for the UK Voluntary Sector
- Information, briefings, contacts on training, specialist suppliers, job opportunities, lobbying, legals for voluntary and community organizations.
Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution
- RABI is a charity providing support for members of the farming community who are in need, throughout England, Wales and Northern Irelend.
- A UK Christian charity which campaigns and prays on issues of human rights and justice.
Salvation Army UK
- UK Charity supports efforts worldwide to achieve sustainable development. This website includes the Foundation's main programmes and projects, its focus and rationale and information for applicants.
Sirius Foundation Charity
- A UK-based registered charity which aims to advance the circumstances of people in need and advance the welfare and education of children.
St John Ambulance in Wales
- St. John Ambulance in Wales is a voluntary organisation providing First Aid coverage and training to the general public. Members of the organisation range from ages 6 to 70 and all are welcome.
St Wilfrids Hospice News
- Offering specialist palliative care to the community.
Student Action India
- Development non-governmental organisation (NGO) run by young people for young people. Aims are promoting the interest, awareness and understanding of development issues among young people in Europe; and developing the capabilities of young people in India.
- Free web space for members of the Round Table of Britain and Ireland (RTBI). Also offers forums and other resources.
- Charity dedicated to supplying the Third World with basic computer equipment to aid educational development. FAQs and details of how you can donate either funds or equipment.
The Abbeyfield Society
- UK organisation providing sheltered housing in the voluntary sector.
The Association of Speakers Clubs
- Organization for people who want to improve their speaking skills. Conference information and finder for local clubs.
The Ex-Forces Network
- Assists ex-service personnel from the three branches of the British Armed Forces to re-establish and maintain contact with former comrades-in-arms.
The Guild of Registered Tourist Guides
- The professional association of Tourist Board Registered Blue Badge Guides in Britain.
The Haberdashers Company
- Ancient guild of the City of London. Details of its history and activity today in schools, education and charitable work.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor