Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Animal Campaigners against Illegal Slaughter
- Campaigning against illegal ritual slaughter of sheep and cattle during Moslem festivals, mostly in France.
- Directory of animal rescue sites in the UK, classified by type of animal. Homes wanted and offered, lost and found notices, animal rights information pages and links.
- Registered charity formed in 1985 which helps thousands of unwanted and ill-treated animals.
Born Free Foundation
- A wildlife and conservation charity founded by Bill Travers, incorporating Zoo Check.
Companion Animal Welfare Council
- Conducts and publishes independent studies into the welfare, care and treatment of companion animals and their role within society.
- Fox welfare group covering the Notts, Derby and Sheffield areas which rescues and rehabilitates sick, injured and orphaned foxes.
International League for the Protection of Horses
- Campaigning for horse welfare, in particular against abuses in horse transport for slaughter.
Mammals Trust UK
- Charity totally dedicated to raising funds for the conservation of our native animals and their habitats. Discover interesting facts about all our native species and read about the exciting Wildlife Watching events you can join us on.
National Animal Welfare Society
- Information on objectives, press releases, helpline and membership.
People's Dispensary for Sick Animals
- News, list of where to find local centres and fundraising information, together with general pet care information and volunteer details.
Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA)
- The RSPCA's aims are to promote kindness and to prevent cruelty to animals. Visit the website for advice on campaigning, pet care, careers, and how to help this UK charity.
Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Scotland's oldest and largest Animal Welfare charity. Inspectorate and animal welfare centres covering the whole of Scotland, independent from the RSPCA.
The Brook Hospital for Animals
- London based charity looking after the welfare of equine animals in Egypt, Pakistan, Jordan and India.
The Home of Rest for Horses
- The Charity looks after up to 120 retired horses, ponies and donkeys from all walks of life including the police, army and Riding for the Disabled. It was founded in 1886 and has an extensive history. Chilterns, Buckinghamshire.
The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare
- UFAW uses scientific knowledge and established expertise to improve the welfare of animals as pets, in zoos, laboratories, on farms and in the wild.
Tortoise Trust Website
- The Tortise Trust is the world's largest tortoise and turtle organization, with members in more than 26 countries. The site is dedicated to the conservation and captive care of Chelonia.
UK Veterinary Network
- A resource site mainly for veterinary surgeons but of interest to those interested in animal welfare.
- Registered charity offering vouchers and stamps which can be bought to help pay for vet bills. Details of how to subscribe, and of participating vets.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor