Submit a site
Clinics and Counselling
Cigarettes, nicotine and tobacco
UK Support Groups
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Burton Addiction Centre
- Private day care centre for addictions, located in Staffordshire.
- North Staffs based institute thatt provides in-home detoxification and counselling for those with drug and alcohol problems.
- Organisation which trains and supports young people to work directly with other young people about drug and substance abuse.
Centre for Recovery
- Information centre about drug and alcohol abuse, based in West Wales. Site contains an interactive teaching tool.
Drugs Prevention Advisory Service
- Official government agency providing information on drugs and a strategy for tackling drug problems.
Drugs Resource Net - Locate
- Drug education and prevention resource materials designed for adults working with young people. Good database of resources with search facilities.
- Charity providing an online encycopaedia of drugs and directory of help sources.
- The Employment Project for Rehabilitation of Alcoholics and other Addicts is a registered charity. Provides a 6 phase programme to get addicts back to work.
European Association for the Treatment of Addiction (UK)
- Charity working to provide treatment facilities for addictions. Web site contains information about the organisation. A directory of treatment services is promised but not online yet.
- Organisation providing training, consultation and information on drug-related issues. Aims to reduce harm caused by drug use.
Mary Street Centre
- A free & confidential service for drug misusers based in Birmingham, UK.
National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counsellors
- NAADAC is a professional association for counsellors.
National Treatment Outcome Research Study
- NTORS is the first large-scale, multi-site, prospective follow up study of drug misuse conducted in the United Kingdom. Summaries of results so far are published here.
New Horizons Recovery Centre
- Located in Staffordshire, a centre for people with alcohol and drug problems.
Parents against Drug Abuse
- Voluntary support group helping the families of drug abusers.
- Society for the Prevention of Solvent and Volatile Substance Abuse, a UK based charity providing information for parents and young people.
- Organisation for young people affected by drugs and for the professionals who work with them.
SNAP - Say No And Phone
- Crimestoppers initiative to help educate teenagers about the danger of drugs. Live music and dance nights.
Scotland Against Drugs
- Official Scottish anti-drug campaign site.
- Produced by the Health Education Authority. Good information about signs of abuse, products that can be abused, and what to do in an emergency.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor