Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ARIF - Aggressive Research Intelligence Facility
- Interpreting research evidence and critical appraisal. General guidance available. Direct help service available for professionals in the West Midlands.
Bandolier Home Page
- Newsletter of evidence-based health care. An excellent resource.
Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine
- The movement, centered in Britain, to more aggressively inform clinical diagnosis with experiencial cases could provide a path along which case-based reasoning researchers might profitably walk.
Critical Appraisal Skills Program
- Institute of Health Sciences, Oxford. Online guide to the right questions to ask when evaluating evidence about effective health care. Also workshops and distance learning courses.
Development and Evaluation Committee
- The DEC provided information about the cost-effectiveness of health care technologies to commissioners of health care in the South West and South East NHS Regions. Over 100 reports available on the site.
Development and Evaluation Service, West Midlands
- The DES provides information about the cost-effectiveness of health interventions for purchasers in the West Midlands NHS area. 5 reports available.
Effective Health Care bulletins
- A bi-monthly bulletin which examines the effectiveness of a variety of health care interventions. Based on systematic review. Full text available online.
- A bulletin providing updates on the effectiveness of health interventions. Subscribe to the paper version(free) or view the full text published articles online.
Health Evidence Bulletins - Wales
- Excellent collection of evidence based information on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a number of common serious health problems.
Lothian Evidence-based Mental Health
- Part of the University of Edinburgh and Lothian Primary Healthcare Trust. Provides tools for assessing evidence and some critical appraisal topics.
NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
- Established to provide the NHS with information on the effectiveness of treatments and the delivery and organisation of health care. Provides systematic reviews on selected topics and a dissemination service.
National Institute of Clinical Evidence
- The National Institute for Clinical Excellence is developing a series of national clinical guidelines to secure consistent, high quality, evidence based care for patients using the National Health Service in England and Wales.
Netting the Evidence
- Guide to resources for evidence based medicine on the Internet. Assembled by Andrew Booth of the School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR), University of Sheffield.
Oxford Pain Internet Site
- Systematic reviews of pain management. Excellent knowledge base and examples of evidence based medicine.
Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network
- SIGN is the official body which develops and publishes evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for use by the health service in Scotland.
Trent Working Group on Acute Purchasing
- Reviews the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of clinical interventions. Guidance notes for purchasers are available. Summaries of 26 reports available online.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor