Submit a site
Primary Care Groups and Primary Care Trusts
Local Health Authorities
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Crewe and District Primary Care Group
- Information about this Primary Care Group's activities and future plans.
HTA programme home page
- Excellent resources for health economics in the publications section, especially recommended is the article about uncertainty in economic evaluation. State of the Art!
Health Education Authority
- 'Special' health authority for health education. Responsible for developing strategy, education and research. Resources for professionals and patients.
NHS Beacon Services
- Designed to share examples of good practice within NHS organisations. Find out opening days for a Beacon Service of interest or send for a catalogue. Sparse information online.
- The 24 hour nurse led telephone advice service run by the NHS. Provides information on the diagnosis and treatment of common conditions. When to seek medical help. Advice on healthly living.
NHS Information Authority
- The 'special' Health Authority with the responsibility for NHS information technology.
NHS Information Authority : National Electronic Library for Health
- This official NHS site aims to provide "knowledge and know-how to support health care related decisions". Sparse information available as yet, but details of development progress to date. (Aug 2000)
NHS Information Authority: GPnet
- Official NHS Web site. Information about connecting to the NHS Net, specifically for GP practices.
NHS Information authority: Education, Training & Development Programme
- Official Web site aimed at NHS staff from all disciplines who have key information management or training roles.
- Developments in clinical medicine and organisation within the British NHS as described in extracts from the book "From Cradle to Grave: fifty years of the NHS" written by Geoffrey Rivett.
National Blood Service
- National blood supply for England and North Wales. Facts about blood donation. Search and find a local blood donor session. Quizzes and games.
Our Healthier Nation
- Website managed by the Health Education Authority on behalf of the Department of Health. Supports the white paper, Saving lives - Our Healthier Nation. Contains a collection of links, contacts and resources, including a searchable national database.
Primary Care: NHS Executive
- Primary Care Division of the NHS Executive. Details of the Government's new NHS developments. Primary Care Groups and Trusts, Walk-in Centres, Health Action Zones, PMS Pilots.
South and West NHS Research and Development Directorate
- One of the 8 regional research and development directorates. Site contains official publications and newsletters.
The Exeter System
- Diverse range of software products and services formerly purchased by Purchasing Consortium of NHS Health Authorities. Now part of the NHS Information Authority.
The NHS A to Z
- Good comprehensive guide to the National Health Service. How the NHS is funded and organised, who does what, and how to get access to services. Produced by the independent Help for Health Trust with funding from the NHS.
The National Health Service
- Official government site, launched to commemorate 50 years of the NHS. Information about the history, function and structure of the NHS.
- Regional Office of the NHS executive, covering an area which includes Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, South Humber, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield and Barnsley. Limited database of resources.
Who's Who The Directory
- The Who's Who? Directory for Mental Health Services in the Morecambe Bay area
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor