Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1UpTravel.com - Historical Maps.
- 600 large and detailed 19th and early 20th century historical maps organized by continents & regions.
Antiquarian Maps at the Reed College Library
- Collection of 100 maps from around the world, 15th to 19th century. Reed College Library, Oregon.
Antique Maps of the Pacific Ocean
- Antique maps (pre-1800) for the Pacific Ocean and its islands.
Athena Review Image Archive: New World Maps and Site Plans
- Maps of Columbus' voyages, 16th c. Central and South America.
Athena Review Image Archive: Old World Maps and Site Plans
- Maps of Roman Gaul, 60 - 50 BC.
Bodleian Library - The Map Case
- Sample of images from Oxford's collection, focusing on Great Britain.
Boundaries of the Contiguous United States
- Animation showing the evolution of state boundaries in the United States from the original 13 colonies to its present state.
- Atlas circa 1375 attributed to Cresques Abraham showing Europe and Asia. Site includes detailed description and analysis.
David Rumsey's Anique Map Collection
- An on-line collector of thousands of antique maps.
Diego Gutierrez Map of America, 1562
- Western Hemisphere map; site includes historical information with scrolling and zooming map viewer.
Discus Media 1900 European Maps Collection
- Collection of over 800 images of maps displaying the Old World as it looked like about 100 years ago. City maps, area maps.
Dutch City maps from the Blaeu Atlas 1649/1652
- 50 Holland city maps from 1650 atlas Toonneel der Steden. Site is in English; some maps include city histories in Dutch.
F.Y.R. Macedonia from Antiquity to Present Day
- Macedonia from 1477 to 1928. Downloadable.
FEEFHS Map Room
- 50 detailed maps of Germany, Austria-Hungary, Russia, the Balkans, and the Baltics from the 1882 Blackie and Sons atlas. Federation of East European Family History Societies.
- Antique maps showing Finland in relation to the rest of Europe. Maps from 15th c. to modern. Includes some historical commentary.
- Great Britain maps, 16th thru 19th century, divided into counties / regions.
- Comprehensive package of interactive historical maps
Henry Davis Cartographic Images
- 300 high-resolution images of period maps divided into Ancient, Medieval, and Renaissance periods. Emphasis on world maps.
Historic Maps from Wildgoose
- City maps, balloon views, and street maps of cities from the 15th to 19th century. Many maps of London.
Historical Atlas of England
- Great Britain Historical Atlas. Public domain maps of English history. Many of these maps are indexed and include a short historical commentary.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor