Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Center For Media Education
- A national non-profit organization seeking to influence telecommunications policy making in the public interest through research, advocacy, public education, and press activities.
Center for Media Literacy
- National advocate for media literacy education. Develops and distributes books, videos, teaching materials and other programs that promote critical thinking about the media.
Center for Media and Democracy
- A nonprofit, public interest organization dedicated to investigative reporting on the public relations industry.
Chicago Civic Media Project
- Promoting a responsive, informed civic media culture through community and youth education programs.
Children's Media Project (CMP)
- a non-profit art and education organization focusing on giving children and youth, parents and teachers, artists and media makers a space to use media critically and creatively.
Christian Media Literacy Institute
- Equipping parents and teachers to teach media evaluation from the point of view of Christian values.
- Commercial Alert helps families, schools and communities defend themselves against commercialism, advertising and marketing
- Examines the growing power of pressure groups and their relationship with the media.
Feedback Media Review
- A fun introduction to Media Studies for students, and a useful resource for High School Media teachers.
Free Minds Online: Responsible Journalism on the Web
- On the Internet, we are all the media. Suggestions for evaluating information before you pass it on; links to valuable information sites; discussion groups.
Issues in Media, Literature, and the Arts
- A Junior level course on Media Literacy. Some links are restricted to enrolled students for copyright reasons.
Jesuit Communication Project
- Guides and resources to encourage, promote, and develop Media Education in schools across Canada.
Just Think Foundation
- A media literacy organization for teachers, parents, and children teaching basic, visual, and technological literacy and encouraging young people to think critically.
Let's Talk Media
- Dedicated to media education, and the alternative voices of students, adults, and children. Includes hot topics, alternative news, projects, and resources for parents and teachers.
Media Education Foundation
- A nonprofit organization devoted to media research and the production of resources to aid educators and others in fostering analytical media literacy.
- The Center for Media Sciences, Toronto, was founded solely by Barrington Nevitt. Nelson Thall was appointed by Nevitt to be it's Director of Research. Mr. Thall has assembled a team of experts to support him in this work.
Media Literacy Online Project
- Provides media literacy support service for teachers, and others, concerned with the influence of media in the lives of children and youth.
- 'Media about Media': Media2 investigates media, information and techno-culture, examines the information age environment, and helps develop critical media literacy skills.
- Research, information and materials by media literacy speaker and consultant Peter DeBenedittis, Ph.D.
- A Media Education production company with workshops and educational materials for primary and secondary students in Australia: fully edited videos, seminars for media educators, media workshops and other production services.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor