Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Can We Tape?
- State-by-state guide to the laws governing recording conversations over the telephone, cellular and cordless phones, hidden cameras, obtaining consent, possession and publication of illegal tapes, and interstate calls.
Confidential Sources and Information
- Articles explain reporter's privilege, federal law, subpoena guidelines, jail terms for uncooperative reporters. State-by-state rundown of applicable laws, including the 19 states that do not have shield laws. FAQ.
- Extensive news and activities regarding the First Amendment rights of free press, speech, religion and assembly. Features an "outrage of the week." Sponsors an annual Moot Court which pits top law students against each other in front of a panel of eminent jurists and legal scholars.
Freedom of Information Act
- Issues, laws, links, and other resources to help journalists get information from state and national governments.
Freedom of Information Center
- How to search public records, how to file an FOIA request, current issues and news about freedom of the press, international media law, federal and state cases, links to other groups. Based at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Libel Defense Resource Center
- Extensive annotated bibliography of legal cases, scholarly papers, and articles concerning First Amendment and intellectual property Internet law issues. The 200 court cases are explained succinctly. Also includes many citations from the print media.
Reporters Commmittee for Freedom of the Press
- Articles on current events in FOIA, privacy, prior restraint, libel, confidentiality, and copyright issues around the world. Provides free legal help to reporters and news organizations. Has internships and fellowships.
Tapping Officials' Secrets
- Comprehensive state-by-state guides to open records and open meetings laws.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor