Submit a site
Media Industry News
Studies of Media Culture
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Media and cultural news, features and commentary. Includes mix of original content and links to articles from other sources.
- Essays, book reviews, and articles on media theory, media criticism, social science, discourse analysis, philosophy, linguistics, and psychoanalysis.
- Minneapolis-based, offers media criticism and alternative takes on the stories of the day.
Extra!: The Magazine of FAIR
- Features hard-hitting media criticism and analysis of the news behind the news.
Investigative Report: Off The Record
- "What Media Corporations Dont Tell You About Their Legislative Agendas" an analysis of role of corporate media in politics from Center for Public Integrity. (PDF format.)
Kill Your Television
- A look at the world of new media - tv, music, internet, when mixed with a dash of an unquestioning society...
Media -- NewCity.com
- Index of articles, analysis and commentaries on the media.
- Resource center for media workers, political activists & community organizations. Promotes diverse, accountable & ethical media. Includes Media File online magazine of analysis and commentary.
Media Awareness Network
- Offering practical support for media education in the home, school and community and provides information and "food for thought" on the media culture.
Media Monitors Network
- Media Monitors Network (MMN) is a non-profit, non-partial and non-political platform to monitor media coverage. Relies on volunteer contributors.
- News, opinion, analysis and investigative data related to links between conservative think-tanks, funding sources and influence in the media.
- Links to recent online news and criticism about the media, compiled by the media watch group FAIR.
Media Visions Webzine
- A journal about global communications and new media and their social implications by Ken Freed, featuring conversations with media visionaries.
- Articles on major issues in media, journalism and related subjects from writer whose material has appeared in Columbia Journalism Review, New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and other publications.
Morality in Media
- News, opinion and resources from national interfaith organization to combat obscenity and to uphold decency standards in the media. MIM maintains the National Obscenity Law Center, a clearinghouse of information on obscenity law.
- Media page from Salon online magazine, with news, commentary and links about the media
- Spark Online is an online news letter touching on the latest trends. John Shirley is a regular contributor in his "Behind Blown Eyes" column.
The People and the Press
- Web site for the Pew Research Center, an opinion research group that studies attitudes toward the press, politics and public policy issues.
- Website from UK about the mass media and its relationship to people's identities, gender, sexuality and behaviour. Information, essays, reviews, links and more.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor