Business and Economy
Mergers and Monopolies
Submit a site
AOL Time Warner
Analysis and Opinion
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A New FCC for the 21st Century
- Section of official Federal Communications website outlining FCC's changing role and reduced regulation because of a belief that there will be more competition in communications media.
Broadcasting & Cable Online / Station Sales
- Pending sales of television stations from industry publication.
CJR - The Real Dangers of Conglomerate Control
- Excerpts from a 1996 forum hosted by Columbia Journalism Review, with panelists exprssing differing views on implications of media concentration of ownership.
Corporate Media Portal
- Information on corporate media, from a critical perspective. Articles and links about LPFM radio service, anti-corporate sites and links to free radio resources.
Global Concentration: The Media Ownership Chart
- From MediaChannel.org, a chart and data showing media ownership, plus rtelated articles about media monopolies and concentration of power.
- News, features and commentary on media, telecommunications and related induatries.
- Analysis, background and information resources about issues of concentration of media ownership vs. free speech. From OneWorld.org
Media Ownership -- At Issue
- Links to commentaries and background articles from various sources on issues and history of consolidation of media ownership.From Media Channel.
New Democracy Forum -- The Future of Media?
- Online debate about effects on democracy of corporate dominance and concentration of media ownership. Includes opinions from differing perspetives from Robert McChesney, Lawrence Grossman, Ralph Nader and other contributors. From Boston Review.
The Progress & Freedom Foundation
- A think tank devoted to the study of the digital revolution. Studies, papers, and reports on e-commerce, telecommunications, and energy. Generally supports deregulation and free market in telecommunications.
USA - Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- USA telecoms regulator - responsible for both telecoms and radio/television media.
Who Owns What?
- Listings, coverage and forum about media ownership and consolidation, from The Columbia Journalism Review
Yahoo! Full Coverage:Media Mergers
- News articles, background and links to sites about mergers in the media.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor