Business and Economy
Business and Society
Submit a site
Conservative and Libertarian
Mergers and Monopolies
Progressive and Left
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Baobab's Corporate Power Information Center
- Web resources that investigate and critique the domination of global business, politics, and culture by large corporations
- Site promoting ideals of capitalism as beneficial to society, based on objectivist philosophy of Ayn Rand. Includes Capitalism Magazine.
Center for the Moral Defense of Capitalism
- Articles, essays and resources from organization that presents a philosophical defense of business, profit-making, and economic freedom.
Challenging Corporate Power
- Interview with Richard Grossman about extent of corporate power and call for reform. Grossman is co-director of the Program on Corporations, Law and Democracy,
- Can corporations contribute to positive change in the world? Or are they inevitably a part of the problem? A dialogue on that question between Paul Hawken, a leading advocate of sustainable business, and David Korten, well-known for his call for a "post-corporate" world. From Yes journal. Summer 1999.
Ending Corporate Governance: Revoking Our Plutocracy
- Site proposing alternatives to power of corporations over modern society.
Globalization & Corporate Rule
- Data and analysis about power and share of economy concentrated in transnational corporations. From Corporate Watch.
International Chamber of Commerce
- Business in Society Page. News from international business advocacy organization. (Includes links to other issues pages and sections of ICC site.)
Interview with Noam Chomsky
- Interview with linguist and cultural analyst, discussing rise of corporate power and how it relates to the Microsoft anti-trust case. (From Corporate Watch.)
- Author Virginia I. Postrel contnds that free markets create a dynamic situation which leads to progress, and both the left and traditional conservatives fear that dynamism,because they crave authority and stability. From libertarian Reason magazine.
Method to the Merger Madness:
- "Revisiting the 80s takeover boom" by Dale Arthur Oesterle. Commentary contending the public overreacted to 80's takeover boom, which created unnecessary regulatory barriers to mergers in the 90's.From conservative Heritage Foundation.
- Website of the gadfly of corporations, creator of the film Roger and Me and the television show The Awful Truth. Includes mailing list, message board, and news.
Production v. Force
- Corporate power is preferable to government power, because businesses only maintain their position by the quality of production and consumer demand, according to article by Robert W. Tracinski, chairman of The Center for the Moral Defense of Capitalism.
- Commentaries, links and resources about the power of transnational corporations. From OneWorld.org.
When Corporations Rule the World
- Chapters from book by David Korten, critical of increasing dominance of globalism and corporate power.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor