Kids and Teens
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
The Bayer/NSF Award for Community Innovation
- Competition open to students in grades 6, 7 and 8. Three or four students work as a team to identify a problem in their community, research it, and use science to develop an innovative solution.
The Black Hole Gang
- Learn about the science adventures of Matt, Wei Ling, Rosa, A.J., and Newton. Designed as a resource for kid-friendly science on the web.
- All about soap bubbles. Bubble blowing, solutions, history, fun, java games, bubble machines and trivia.
The Event Horizon--Science News
- Offers articles on topics ranging from astronomy to zoology. Includes brain teasers and Sci-Fi book reviews. Designed by a high school student.
The Flying Turtle
- Illustrated site celebrates and explains the basic scientific principles that govern both nature and human technology.
The Why Files
- Well-researched, educational descriptions of the actual science behind current news stories. From the University of Wisconsin, supported by the National Institute for Science Education of the NSF.
The Yuckiest Site on the Internet
- Educational science entertainment about yucky things such as worms. Club Yucky, games, and recipes.
- News, research, lesson plans and educational activities from NASA.
- Free, interactive educational site includes collection of space-related media. Requires free download of Hypercosm 3D Player.
Who Wants to Win a Million Dollars? - The Science Game
- Test your knowledge of math and science as you work your way to the million dollar level. Although the questions are real, the money, unfortunately, is not.
X-Ray for Kids
- Information geared to children about x-rays and interesting x-rays of plants, shells, animals.
- Canadian science magazine for kids. Sections include: projects to do, kids in science and how things work.
Yukon Project for Kids
- A site where young students can learn about coral reefs, the ocean, and find other fun yet educational activities.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor