Kids and Teens
People and Society
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Information about shyness and advice to kids and teens (and parents) on making friends and building confidence.
Sighting the First Sense
- Perception is an awareness of the environment through interaction. Site explains how we peceive our world through our eyes and includes a discussion board for people to share their thoughts.
Someone I Know Is Hyperactive
- Read more about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Someone in My Friend's Family Died - What Should I Do?
- When friends lose someone they love - a brother, a sister, a parent, or even a pet - sometimes they change for a while.
- Learn about stuttering and speech problems, how they are treated, and what kids who have them can do.
Talking About Your Feelings
- Learn more about how to talk to parents and other adults about how you feel about things.
That's Me! A Guide to Personality
- Student-created site examines personality development, consistency, theories, theorists, disorders, and testing. Also includes interactive assessment activities, games, discussion forums, and a glossary. In English and Chinese
The Spiritual Dimension of Grief
- When someone dies, no matter what their religion, several questions arise. This site addresses those questions about life.
The Story on Self-esteem
- Explains why self-esteem is so important, how kids get it, and what kids who have low self-esteem can do.
The Story on Stress
- Learn how to manage stress when you are worried or uncomfortable about something, and you feel angry, frustrated, or afraid.
The Subject of Anger
- Anger is a very human response to grief, but how do you handle it without hurting yourself or someone else?
- For the psychology of color, click on the left hand links for "meanings" and "effects" to undertand how color affects us emotionally.
Watch Your Mouth
- Interactive quiz helps young people discover if they're saying things to themselves that they wouldn't say to anyone else in the world.
Welcoming a New Baby Into Your Family
- What to expect when a new little person joins the family.
What Kids Who Are Moving Should Do
- Moving isn't easy for anyone. Scared, excited, and angry are just a few of the feelings kids may have about moving.
When Somebody Dies
- It's difficult, even for grown-ups, to understand why death must happen. This article tries to help kids understand.
Why Am I In Family Therapy
- Explains family therapy so a child or teen can understand the process.
Why Am I So Sad?
- Everyone gets sad. Sad feelings can happen pretty often, too. Learn more about how to deal with sadness in this article for kids.
Why Do We Get Nervous?
- Explains why kids feel anxious sometimes and tells what a phobia is.
Why You Should Smile
- Article explores why smiling can make a person feel better, as well as other interesting facts.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor