Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Aggie Horticulture - Asexual Plant Reproduction
- An overview of reproduction by grafting, budding, layering and micropropagation.
Air Academy High School - Cloning African Violets
- Consists of a classroom propagation article written by a teacher that emphasizes sterile techniques by tissue culture to generate an unlimited number of identical plants possessing a desired trait.
American Rose Society - Roses
- List of links to articles about the different methods for propagating roses.
Australian Hibiscus Society - Hibiscus
- Reproduction of hibiscus by softwood (tip) and hardwood cuttings and includes the type of media to use and time it takes to root.
Australian National Botanic Gardens - Ferns
- Description of collecting and sowing spores, potting the fonds and includes a drawing of the fern life cycle.
Australian National Botanic Gardens - Native Plants
- Describes the collection and germinations of seeds, propagation by cuttings, safe use of growth hormones and a growing plants glossary with drawings.
Chrysanthemum Breeding Made Easy
- An instructional website, Harry Lawson's educational chrysanth-breeding
Clemson Extension - Fuchsia
- Contains a selection guide and describes ornamental features, species and cultivars, growing conditions, propagation, insect pests and disease problems.
Cornell University, Cooperative Extension - House Plants
- Describes various methods utilizing cuttings, the rooting media, and containers for cutting.
Eastern Connecticut State University - Natural Vegetative Techniques
- Contains descriptions and drawings of the propagation of leaf buds, scaly bulbs, corms, tubers, stolons, tip layers and root sprouts via natural methods.
Germination Database - Seeds
- Provides a complete listing of plant names and the methods to germinate the seed.
- Links to many gardening resources, in a categorized format.
Integrating Horticulture with Operations Management
- Specializes in plant propagation and contains an online database containing the cultural requirements of more 1600 garden plants. Operations Management including process design, production planning and quality control are detailed.
Jelitto Germination Tips and Tricks
- Provides a great insight on germinating seeds.
Kentucky Cooperative Extension - Common Landscape Plants
- Describes asexual methods for propagating plants in and around the home and includes drawings and instructions for building a cold frame.
Landscape Propagation - Step by Step Methods
- Provides instructions on how to reproduce plants including amaryllis, narcissus, daffodils, lilies (by bulb section, scales and seed) and perennials, house plants, roses, vines, trees and shrubs (by root, stem and leaf cuttings).
NC State University - Leaf, Cane and Root Cuttings
- Provides descriptions with drawings of leaf with petiole, leaf without petiole, split vein leaf, leaf bud, cane and root cuttings.
NC State University - Stem Cutting
- Home gardener instructions for plant propagation by stem cuttings including a table of evergreen plants and deciduous trees by common name and type of cutting.
Ohio State University - Fruit Trees by Graftage
- Description of propagation methods by both budding and grafting with links to desciptive drawings.
Ohio State University - Vegetative Techniques
- Contains definition and pictures of stem and root functions, anatomy and describes types and methods of propagating by natural vegetation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor