Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Child Alert...Rapid Response ID Program
- A rapid response, easy-to-use and affordable child and adult safety identification system (Printable Flyer, ID Card, Diskette) for parents, organizations, and alzheimer care providers.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
About Teenage Runaway Prevention
- Practical advice for parents and professionals including the motivations of teenage runaways, problems that increase the risk, warning signs, effective communication and steps to reduce the risk.
Child CyberSEARCH Canada
- Maintains a database of missing Canadian children and offers educational information related to runaways and abducted children.
Child Quest International, Inc.
- Posts photos and brief bios of runaway and abducted children. Other services include posters, photo scanning, and age enhancement of children's photos.
- One of the largest privately-funded childcare agencies in the U.S., Covenant House provides services to homeless and runaway youth. The website addresses both youth considering running away and their parents, and offers information and confidential hotlines.
Greyhound Home Free Program
- Greyhound provides free bus transportation home for runaways.
Lycos Search for Missing Children
- Searchable database of runaways and other missing children.
Missing Indian Kids
- Site designed to help locate missing children in India.
- Parents' story of their heartache over missing teenage son Geoffrey Estes, with informative and supportive links.
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- High-tech U.S. search network which works with law enforcement agencies and other professionals to find runaways and other missing children. NCMEC also provides educational resources and a searchable database of missing children.
National Runaway Switchboard
- 24 hour hotline service for U.S. parents and youth offering crisis intervention, message service, educational information, referrals, and runaway searches.
Precious Heart: Archives: Runaway Children
- Provides extensive bibliographies of publications related to the runaway experience in various categories such as "international works", "bibliographies and resource books", "shelters, law enforcement and psychology", and "legal, congresses and legislation".
Project i - study of homeless young people
- Homesite of a five year study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health focusing on runaway youth in Los Angeles, USA and Melbourne, Australia.
Reunion.com: Family Reunions
- This section of Reunion.com includes an international missing persons registry and missing persons bulletin boards.
Runaway Lives: Personal Stories and Reflections by Runaways and Their Families
- Forum for runaways and their family members to share their experiences through writings or images.
Runaways and Missing Children
- Annotated web resources for further education and help.
StandUp For Kids On-Line
- Recipient of national (U.S.) awards and recognition, StandUp For Kids is an all volunteer organization working on the streets to help runaway and homeless youth.
Teens in Trouble: Runaways
- Listing of runaway related links maintained by a parent for other parents from the site "Teens in Trouble: A Survival Page for Parents".
Texas Runaway Hotline
- This nonprofit hotline service provides crisis intervention and telephone counseling, information and referrals for callers seeking food, shelter and transportation home, and confidential conference calls between runaways and their families.
The Lost Child Emergency Broadcast System
- Volunteer child recovery organization which broadcasts a runaway's photo and information to a web site banner and emails alert notices to volunteer recovery units and private locators in the missing child's home town or sighting location.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor