Submit a site
Winboard and Xboard
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ANS Forth Chess
- Very simple, free chess program written in ANS Forth, by Jeff Fox of UltraTechnology.
Chess Programs at GambitSoft
- If you want to read about the programs all in one place, here are 20 of them.
E.T.Chess's web page
- A simple DOS freeware chess program that plays around 2000 Elo and that comments your playing style in a quite irritating way
Green Light Chess
- Free program that plays chess, either with its own graphical interface, or using Tim Mann's Winboard program. Estimated ELO 2300.
- Full featured chess playing program for beginners and experts. Play by e-mail, analyse variations, PGN capability, and lots more.
KingShine OpenGL Chess Board
- KingShine is a 3d openGL chess board, featuring selectable chess sets, boards and skins.
Media Magic: MetaChess-3D
- A three-dimensional chess game. Site includes rules, screen shots, news, and technical information. [English or Russian]
SSDF rating list
- See how the programs stack up in cyber-cyber combat. The top five or so are typically too close to call.
Victorian Chess Pages
- This page has demo versions of several chess related programs written by Fide Master and ex Australian correspondence champion Bill Jordan.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor