Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- (Commercial, PC) Solves all types of chess problems up to 100 moves, depending on the type of problem. Software consists of 10 mate and corresponding 10 stalemate programs, and fairy chess and print utilities.
- (Freeware, Unix/Windows , source code) CHEST solves non-trivial orthodox mate problems, selfmates, helpmates, and stalemates. Fairy chess is not supported.
- (Commercial, PC) Gustav only solves orthodox mates and solves these up to 32 moves. As an output you get the key move.
- [Shareware] Mate solver for Win95/Win98/WinNT.
- (Freeware, DOS, source code) Solves orthodox direct mates, emphasizes clear code at expense of speed.
- (freeware, 386+, DOS/Linux) Solves retrograde problems - e.g., "how did this game go?"
- (Freeware, Unix/DOS, source available) You enter a (fairy-) chess-position and a stipulation, Popeye tries to solve this (fairy-) chess position.
- (Freeware, PC) Problematic combines a high-speed, comprehensive problem analyzer. with a chess problem data base manager, a position editor, and a position printer.
- (Freeware, PC) Problemiste is a freeware program entirely dedicated to the chess problem: Solves orthodox chess problems: direct mates, helpmates, selfmates from 2 up to 6 moves, Writes and prints the solutions with many options, Prints diagrams using your Truetype fonts, Manages archives which can contain thousands of problems.
- (Freeware, Win95/NT) Retractor is a program for Retrograde Analysis chess problems. It allows one to set up a position and play backwards from it.
- (freeware) program for composing and solving fairy chess problems by Vaclav Kotesovec. In Czech.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor