Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An Invitation to Ruby
- Many links, review, comparison to other languages, code samples.
- Module adding simple aspect-oriented programming concepts to Ruby. [Open Source, LGPL]
Cetus Links: Ruby
- Python thread on Ruby
Download: Comparing and introducing Ruby
- Short introduction to Ruby features, Ruby compared to Perl, Python.
Dr. Dobb's Journal: Programming in Ruby
- Take the pure object orientation of Smalltalk, but remove the quirky syntax and reliance on a workspace. Add in the convenience and power of Perl, but without all the special cases and magic conversions. Wrap it up in a clean syntax based in part on Eiffel, add a few concepts from Scheme, CLU, Sather, and Common Lisp. You end up with Ruby.
Features of Ruby
- In English and German.
- Find and see the newest updates.
IBM developerWorks: Ruby: a new language: Introducing the latest open source gem from Japan
- In depth review and analysis.
InformIT: The Ruby Programming Language
- Very clear introductory article by Ruby creator Yukihiro Matsumoto.
Linux Today: Ruby-lang.org opens online!
Object Oriented Language 'Ruby'
- Many useful, interesting scripts, patches, extension modules, and documentation.
Programming Ruby: Amazon.com: Ruby Tuesday
- Interview with Programming Ruby authors.
Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide
- First English language book on Ruby, by Addison Wesley Professional.
Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC
- Their home base: class reference, articles, tips, software downloads, links, and a zippy looking Ruby slide presentation. Book is available as downloadable HTML and XML files.
Robert Feldt's Ruby page
- Software: BitVector extension, rbwrap stand-alone executables from scripts/programs, much more coming; links; Comparing Ruby and Smalltalk.
- Questions and answers about the Ruby programming language.
- Dig and Find! Links, software, news, articles, mail list digest/summaries.
- Free, open-source, interpreted, pure object-oriented, scripting language for quick and easy OO programming, from Japan. Simple, straight-forward, extensible. Many features to process text files and do system management tasks, as in Perl. More elegant than Perl, and fewer parenthenses than Lisp.
- Ruby information, downloads, resources, RWIKI Plus, online interpreter (try Ruby online), interactive tutorial, Programming Ruby Interactive. The last two combine text examples with the online interpreter to run them.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor