Submit a site
Open and Free BIOS
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Maxx Lobo - A Reflection Of The Self: My Personal Website
- This is the personal website of Maxx Christopher Lobo, and is titled "Ego Consulo - A Reflection Of The Self". The site chronicles my past, present and future.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
CynApps, Inc: Cynthesis Applications
- Cynlib: open source C++ hardware design class library and simulator.
Free Model Foundry: FMF
- (formerly The Free Model Foundation) Dedicated to advancing standard modeling practices within the electrical engineering community. We especially support use of VHDL, Verilog, and IBIS modeling languages. Current focus: providing functional simulation models (with timing) of off-the-shelf digital components in VHDL and Verilog.
- Goal: make quality Intellectual Property available to anyone. Includes high quality large cores in synthesizeable VHDL.
- The Altera Freecore Library for Altera CPLD devices. VHDL, Verilog, design tools, architectures. Not supported any more.
Hamburg VHDL Archive
- Goal: provide a collection of free (public-domain & shareware) VHDL documentation, models, tools.
IBM PowerPC Open Platform (POP) reference design
- Free open ATX-based motherboard design to aid developers of PPC systems for Linux thin server and appliance markets.
- Dynamically Architected Instruction Set from Yorktown: Architecture Emulation thru Dynamic Compilation. VLIW CPU with IBM open source license. Goal: 100% compatible with Intel x86, PowerPC, S/390, Java Virtual Machine.
Microcontroller: VHDL: PIC 16C5X
- One stable version, and another one under development.
OS News: Features: The New POP Culture
- Story about IBM's big marketing shift, to open source its PPC reference motherboard design as POP: PowerPC Open Platform. Initialy for Linux, but then for many OSs.
Open Source Hardware Page
- Industry analysis paper for a college course proposing a business to apply the Open Source model to hardware.
- Site has a searchable index of many designs, tools and manufacturers.
OpenIP Organization & OpenCore Project
- OpenIP: define how hardware and IP cores can be made free and how to design such free HW circuits; define license and design methodologies for such projects. OpenCore: hardware project to build a collection of all kinds of free cores for use by companies to speed up hardware-development.
- Endorses, facilitates developing open source, free IP cores: building their own processors and supplemental systems. Developing chip designs should be done in an open environment, where cooperation and communication between designers and users yields better designs for all. IP core sources should be free to everyone, anytime, and all are welcome to participate. Repository of IP synthesizable blocks and supplemental prototype boards.
Press: Linux Today: Richard Stallman: On Free Hardware
- by R. Stallman: thoughts on Free Hardware as of June 1999.
- This educational material is now available to Colleges and Universities for use as instructional tools for non-commercial educational purposes. College and University educators may request these RASSP developed modules through the RASSP Information Server. VHDL.
- Broadly supported C++ open source language and simulation kernel for modeling and implementing electronic systems.
VHDL Database of Phase/MACAO
- It is our aim to provide free access to VHDL source code and related material. Therefore, we have installed a database that you may access via the WWW.
ZDNet: News: Code-morphing: Fresh as a DAISY
- There's more than one way to translate software between x86-based and VLIW (very long instruction word) processors. IBM has a code-morphing chip similar to Transmeta's.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor