Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
11 Rules of Writing
- Concise guide to some of the most frequently violated rules of writing, punctuation, and grammar.
A Research Guide for Students
- How to write research papers, do presentations, and more. Virtual library of useful URLs arranged by Dewey Decimal Classification.
A Word With You
- A daily on-line column, featuring little known facts about well known words and phrases.
- The music and magic of words. This is the website for the mailing list A.Word.A.Day (AWAD), which sends a vocabulary word and its definition to the subscribers every day.
- Searchable database of 80,000+ acronyms and meanings. Covers: common acronyms, computers, technology, government, telecommunications, and military acronyms.
Adding Value to your Links
- A bulleted guide to using links effectively in hypertext writing.
- "Expressions of our American ancestors." The colorful slang of Americans of the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries.
- Canadian-American/British translation. Notes on American English, British English, and Canadian English, in spelling and word choice.
Amy's Guide to MLA Documentation
- Advice on how to document research using the MLA Handbook, Fourth Edition, 1995. Examples are either original or borrowed from the MLA Handbook.
CBC News: Words, Woe & Wonder
- An in-depth look at the words we use from CBC News.
Cirque de Cliche
- Worker-owned cooperative devoted to finding the public "best of breed" cliches whose wide acceptance will revitalize the whole American figure-of-speech industry.
Clear Ink SpellWeb
- An evolving experiment in sidesifting the web for useful information. In this case, it lets the web vote on alternative spellings (or web popularity) of words.
- List of 2000 English cliches with some statistical and literary notes on their use.
- Special tool word-searches 3,300 cliches.
- Clichés, sayings or phrases listed with definitions and explanations. Clichés are organized by subject and alphabetically and you can use the search function.
Common Errors in English
- Catalogue of writing or speaking mistakes and easily confusible words, with corrections.
Communications Skills at Suite101.com
- This topic will cover writing and speaking skills, with emphasis on clear communication, basic design, communicating with international and multicultural audiences.
Dan Kurland's Criticalreading.com
- Explains the fundamentals of critical reading and writing. Offers a way to recognize what a text "says," what a text "does," and what a text "means" by analyzing choices of content, language, and structure.
- Prune the deadwood phrases from your writing. Site lists the worst from A to Z.
Dr. NAD's Prig Page.
- Tests of usage, built interactively.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor