Techniques and Styles
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Personal Diary of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- By Nigel Parry, focusing on the experiences of the Palestinian university community of Birzeit, after the Oslo 2 peace agreement.
- By Jacob Holdt, who hitchhiked more than 100,000 miles throughout the USA in 5 years. A multi-media show since 1976, it has been a focus for the international media as well as human rights and anti-apartheid groups.
- Nation united under a freak flag issue: American strippers, 19-year-olds' world of sex for sale, Alabama drag queens, motel life and a personal journal by Tyler Ondine Whitman.
Apriori: Carol Polakoff
- A 1976 photo journey across Russia and a 1996 retrospective.
Artdotnet, A Web-Art Project
- Experimental photo stories. First in the series is "Les Filles de Derb Dabachi" by Moroccan writer Tahar Ben Jelloun, in French and English. [Requires Shockwave]
From Calamity to Community
- A photo story on North Dakota's record snowfall and the subsequent flooding and burning of Grand Forks on April 19, 1997.
Gary Walts: Photographs of my Father
- A photo story documenting the years leading up to his father's suicide. [Requires Shockwave]
- Ten years ago, Hope, a small Kansas country town was struggling to preserve its way of life. A look back since then. Story by Nancy Mays, photos by Keith Mays.
- Interviews and photographs of people on a bus by Clarke Robinson.
Letting Go by Pauline Lubens
- The story of Ryan Ammerman's death and the anguish of his family. Lubens is a senior staff photographer at the Detroit Free Press.
Looking for the Light
- The last decade of the AIDS crisis photographed by well-known New York photographer Scott Thode. Co-published with the New York Times.
- Non-fiction about urban life and international travel by a professional photographer cum community activist.
Providence Journal-Bulletin Special: A Time to Die
- By staff writer Felice J. Freyer and photographer John Freidah detailing the last year of the life of Nöel David Earley, a Lou Gehrig's disease sufferer, and his battle to make physician-assisted suicide legal.
Soundings by Ingrid Young
- An exploration of the meaning of music through stories about musicians in the State of Missouri since 1997.
The Documentary Photograph: Running For The Prize
- By Sheldon J. Potter. The 1996 campaign for Tim Sandos, Democratic candidate for Denver, Colorado's US Congressional District 1.
The Holy Week in Sicily
- "Settimana Santa in Sicilia". Photography by Maurizio Distefano, narration in English and Italian.
The Lost Border, Photographs of the Iron Curtain
- By Brian Rose, documenting the landscape of the Iron Curtain and the Berlin Wall in 1985; the dismantling of the Wall at the end of 1989; and the subsequent changes in the border zone, particularly at Potsdamer Platz.
The New Americans
- Exploring Watsonville, (strawberry capital of the world, one of dozens of migrant Meccas in California) from the migrant perspective. Story by Ruben Martinez, photography by Joseph Rodriguez.
World War II - The Photos Tell
- Images from World War II's Holocaust and the history behind several well-known images. By Louis Bulow.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor