Techniques and Styles
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alternative Process FAQ
- Introduction to alternative photographic processes: Nonsilver, antique and unconventional ways to print photographic images.
Alternative Processes: Cyanotypes
- A concise and informative description of the cyanotype process from the "Black & White World" web site.
Bostick & Sullivan
- Supplier of materials for alternative processes, including platinum, palladium and cyanotype
Cross-processing - A Simplified Way
- An introduction to cross-processing.
- An information site and gallery for people working with cyanotypes, or interested in alternative photography.
- Dedicated to the history, science, and art of daguerreotype.
Digital Daguerreian Archive
- Page of links to articles and information about Daguerriotypes.
Edwardo Aites Images
- Technical information on the cyanotype process, particularly large format fine art cyanotype. Additional resources for further study and includes examples and information on other alternative processes such as Polaroid Image Transfer.
Gallery 614 - Carbro/Carbon Printing
- Robert Green's Gallery 614 is dedicated the carbro/carbon printing process. Includes information on workshops and sample prints.
Gryspeerdt, Norman - Bromoil Web
- Norman Gryspeerdt's bromoil prints and bromoil video and information on the bromoil process and its history.
Gum Bichromate Photography
- Gum bichromate technical information, detailed resources, images, links to European and French sites, and material sources in the UK and Europe.
HandMade Photographic Images by George L Smyth
- Infrared, pinhole, and alternative process photographic images and articles.
- For all your handcoloring, handtinting, handpainting or toning of black and white photographs.
IBIIA; Alternative Photography
- Promoting alternative photography as decorative art as well as fine photography.
Mathias, Jeffrey D. - Platinum Palladium Photography
- Home page of Jeffrey D. Mathias, the creator of Platinum Palladium photographs and folding screens. Includes a guide to Pt/Pd printmaking.
Mike Ware's Alternative Photography Pages
- A compilation of essays and instructional manuals on the iron-based alternative photographic processes; viz. argyrotype, cyanotype, platinotype, palladiotype and chrysotype.
Renaissance Press Photogravure Atelier
- Renaissance Press, a fine art atelier specializing in photogravure platemaking and printing, offers an on-line gallery of numerous artist using this technique.
Scully & Osterman
- Wet-plate collodion artists and publishers of The Collodion Journal, quarterly. They give workshops through the George Eastman House as well as private tutorials.
Taking pictures with blueprint paper
- Taking pictures really cheaply using bludeprint paper and an old polaroid land camera. Produces sharp paper positives, with a neat mystical look to them.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor