Bands and Artists
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AMG All Music Guide: Bob Wills
- Biography, labels on which Wills recorded, discography.
Bob Wills Day
- Held in Turkey, Texas, on the last Saturday in April. Parade, barbecue, dances, concert. Draws thousands of fans every year.
Bob Wills Information
- Short essay on Wills at the crossroads between oldtime and modern country music.
Bob Wills Is Still the King
- Biographical essay by Rush Evans, from the publication "Discoveries".
Bob Wills Museum
- Established by the Wills family, and dedicated to the King of Western Swing. Photographs, family mementos, awards, fiddles and clothing. In Turkey, Texas.
Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
- Photo, links. But the highlight of this page is the five Bob Wills songs in RealAudio.
Country Music Hall of Fame: Bob Wills
- Links to a biographical essay and brief discography.
Internet Movie Database: Bob Wills
- Film and television credits for Bob Wills as an actor. Includes very short biography.
Jim Lowe: Western Swing
- A cyberspace tribute to Western Swing music, Bob Wills, Milton Brown and all that wonderful stuff. Recommended books and CDs.
Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame: Bob Wills
- Career milestones, plus a list of some of his best songs and other artists who have recorded them.
OLGA: Bob Wills
- Guitar tablature for "Faded Love", chords for 9 other Bob Wills songs. With lyrics.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
- Essay points out how Wills' style influenced rock musicians.
Roughstock: Western Swing
- About Bob Wills, from Roughstock's History of Country Music. Includes photo, sound clip (.au) of "Liza, Pull Down the Shade". Guitar tablature and lyrics for "Faded Love", chords and lyrics for "San Antonio Rose" and "Take Me Back to Tulsa".
So What Is "Western Swing" Anyway?
- From the Oklahoma Twisters.
Southern Music Network: Bob Wills
- Wills created a new art form called western swing, and for over four decades influenced American popular music in general, and country and western music in particular.
What It Was Was Rockabilly
- "Beginnings", chapter 2 of Richard E. Jandrow's book online. Jimmie Rodgers, the Carter Family, Roy Acuff, Bob Wills, Hank Williams. Linked to a discography.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor